Getting the dental crown procedure done requires 3 visits to the office. To complete complicated dental crown procedure, not only the technique, talent and experience of the dentist, but also high-quality dental crown are remarkably required.
No1 Dental Clinic has been credited with experienced professional team and its own international laboratory for many years, assuring successful results of all dental crown procedures. The combination of high-tech porcelain material imported from Europe, America and well-qualified fabrication technician results in delicate crowns which look natural and perform as well as real teeth.
Patient’s overall dental health is fundamental concern in any dental crown procedure. Before patients undergo any dental crown procedure, oral disease must be treated thoroughly. Existence of oral diseases is potential risk of dental crown strength.
Dentists may indicate root canal (tooth decay) or periodontal treatment (gum disease) prior to the dental crown process
Direct examination and consultation with No1 Dental Clinic
Dentist makes impressions of your teeth to make temporary crown.
In the next visit:
- Tooth preparation
To allow room for dental crown placement, a portion of tooth enamel is removed with special instrument. The amount removed depends on the type of crown used. The tooth needs shaping adequately and precisely. Any excessive trimming off destroys the tooth original structure, which leads to teeth sensitivity in long term and other oral diseases. The dental crown procedure causes not much pain because a local anesthetic is administered to numb the area during the crown procedure.
Severe decay or damage causes insufficient tooth structure remaining to place the dental crown. May be needed to recreate the strong structure of the tooth so that it can hold the crown placed on.
- The dentist takes impressions of teeth after preparation. These impressions are then sent to laboratory to fabricate permanent crowns
- Temporary crown can be put in place during the time the permanent crown being customized (around 2 weeks)
- Dental crowns are custom-made delicately under strict supervision, which guarantees standard material, shape and process timeframe.
In the third visit, the temporary crown is removed, and the dentist tries putting on the permanent crown to check the shade, shape and fit carefully. After making sure that the fit and the shade of the crown totally match the surrounding dentistry, and the patient is satisfied with the new crown, the permanent crown is cemented in.
If the dental crown does not meet all requirement, It will be sent back to laboratory for further adjustment and placed in the next visit.
Maintain dental crown in proper way
However lifespan of dental crown can exceed the average time of 10-15 years if the patient pay sufficient attention to dental crown care and hygiene.
- Smoothly brush your teeth with toothbrush for dental crown. Floss your teeth or use the oral irrigator (WaterJet) at least once a day.
- Careful check-up with your dentist and professional clean every 6 months
- Avoid biting on tough food or hard objects. The crown bearing excessive pressure can be easily weakened, fractured or broken.