Take-home whitening procedure with Opalescence is a good choice if patients prefers the convenience and time flexibility, especially people who have busy schedule that they do not have enough time to go to dental clinic.
It is also indicated for patients to maintain the whitening results after in-office procedure.
Step 1: The dentist takes teeth impressions
Teeth impressions are then sent to laboratory to customize individual plastic whitening trays for patients. These trays are reusable in long term
Step 2: Apply the whitening gel and wear trays at home
The wearing time depends on concentration of whitening gel and original teeth shade. If teeth are heavily discoloured, it may require longer time to get desired brightening result
10% – Patients wear trays in 8-10 hours/ day
15% – Patients wear trays in 4-6 hours/ day
20% – Patients wear trays in 2-4 hours/ day
Patients may wear whitening trays in daytime or nighttime. It is necessary to follow the regulated whitening schedule to get desired brightness in the shortest of time.
Step 3: Finish
After adequate period of time, take off whitening trays and clean it with water. Then keep it in dry place. Brush your teeth to remove all excessive whitening gel
Top reasons make Opalescence home-whitening products ranks highly among others
- Opalescence is main product lines of the reputed Ultradent (originated from the USA) which provides a wide range of whitening products. Opalescence take-home whitening gel offers variety of concentration that fits each patient’s own desire. Therefore all of Opalescence whitening products are reliable and recognized by American Dental Association (ADA)
- Whitening mechanism: Either Carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide in the bleaching gel is an active whitening ingredient that infiltrates the enamel to get to discolored molecules. Oxygen molecules released from the bleaching agents react with the discolored particles, breaking them into smaller pieces. The oxygen molecules spread, whitening the entire teeth. After all, patients are left with a dazzling whiter smile
- In addition, other ingredients of Opalescence PF is water and potassium nitrate, fluoride that maintain the health of enamel throughout the whitening process. Furthermore significant water helps reduce shade relapse from tooth dehydration. Opalescence take-home whitening products feature sustained release action and adhesive properties.
- The sticky, viscous, sustained-release gel behaves differently than other bleaching products and proper tray fabrication will help in avoiding or reducing irritation, limit peroxide contact to tooth surfaces and avoid contact with soft tissues
- The outstanding and long-lasting outcome can be achieved at your convenience