Dental implant procedure is a complex procedure, requiring experience and skill of the surgeons. Although there are numerous components play into the success of dental implant procedure, the key element is health status of the patient.
Notice before dental implant procedure
An overall health assessment is compulsory before you take dental implant treatment. A healthy body is the key factor to determine if you are a good candidate for dental implant. In addition, thorough understanding of patient’s health record assists the dentist to keep the implantation procedure under control.
Another factor that the dentist needs to evaluate is jawbone and gum health. When diagnosising, the dentist will offer you to take Panorex and CT.
- If bone density and bone quality is adequately qualified, the dentist can process dental implantation surgery
- In case of severe loss of bone, grafting procedures to correct bone loss are indicated before implantation surgery. The healing time of bone graft procedure may last few months. Next, the dentist will place the implant into the jawbone by surgery.
Dental implantation procedure
Phase 1: Titanium implant screws are surgically placed in jawbone
After assessment and planning, if the patient meets all requirements, the implantation is processed under sterile conditions in a dental clinic. The quantity of implant screw depends on the number of lost teeth.
Firstly, the dentist will perform a local anaesthesia. It will help release pain during surgery. Soft food and not too hot soup are good in the recovery time
Phase 2: Fusing process
Implants can take several weeks or months months to fuse with the patient’s bone. This process is known as osseointegration. During this time, the body growing bone to the surface of the implant to permanently stabilize the implant, creating a solid anchor for prosthesis.
In the osseointegration, lost teeth in the front may need temporary restoration fixed to the implants to cover the gap.
Phase 3: Restorative phase
After fusing process, the dentist checks the stability of implant in the jawbone. Prosthesis fabricated in No1 Dental’s own laboratory is mounted on to fully restore natural function and aesthesis:
- Dental crown – to replace 1 missing tooth
- Dental bridge – to replace multiple missing tooth
- Full denture – to replace all missing teeth